Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Power


This is what it looks like where I am . . . only much, much worse. Estimates are that between 300,000 and a million people here are without electricity because of an incredibly windstorm on Sunday . . . four hours of sustained winds 60 mph+. I'm one of those people . . . no electricity = no Internet = no blog posts.
I have some posts ready, but they're on my laptop at home, home has no power, and it's just too much effort to transfer them to a computer where I can get Internet access, especially since we're all dealing with the new challenges of getting around, getting and keeping food, etc.
The power may be back on by the weekend. When it's back, I'll start blogging again.
Gives me a real, visceral appreciation of those digital Pearl Harbor, shut down the power grid scenarios.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me to keep a pencil handy for when the big one hits. Glad you have made it through the weather.

Don L.

Susan Brenner said...

. . . a pencil, and batteries and ice and a whole lot of things. Our problem was that no one expected this to happen (hurricane winds in OHIO!???), so we were not prepared.

Power came back last night, so I'll be posting again tomorrow.

Thanks for the kind thought.